We recommend waiting to back carry your child until they have strong and consistent head, neck, and torso control, and can push him or herself independently into, and remain in, a seated position on a consistent basis. The back carry position can be used in the middle or wide seat width setting and with the support pillow up or down relative to your child’s size.
Articles in this section
- How do I wash or clean my Explore Baby Carrier product?
- Is the Explore Carrier acknowledged as hip-healthy by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI)?
- What positions can you carry baby and toddlers in the Explore Baby Carrier?
- When can I carry my baby in the front carry facing out position?
- What age/weight should I increase to the middle setting?
- What panel width setting should the Explore Baby Carrier be in when using it in the front carry facing out position?
- Is forward facing an ergonomic position for baby to be carried?
- When is baby ready to be worn in the back carry position?
- When should I use the support pillow in the tall position?
- Why do I need the support pillow for the newborn position?