You can wear a baby in a ring sling beginning at around 8 lbs. You want to remember the ABCs - airway (clear, chin off of chest), body positioning (neck and trunk control, knees higher than bottom, and a seated M-position), and comfort (get help if this isn't there!). Small babies in particular need to have extra attention paid to their airway as well as their positioning.
Articles in this section
- Is the Ring Sling Carrier acknowledged as hip-healthy by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI)?
- Do you have an instructional video for how to use a Baby Tula Ring Sling?
- What is the weight limit of the Baby Tula Ring Sling?
- Should I wear my newborn with legs in or legs out in a Ring Sling?
- What's the best position for placing a newborn in a Ring Sling?
- When can I begin using my Ring Sling?
- Why does my baby fall lower on my body while in the Ring Sling over time?
- How should my baby be sitting in my Ring Sling?
- What is the most comfortable positioning in a Ring Sling?
- Can I leave my Ring Sling threaded between uses?